PDA

View Full Version : Monetary Fund released a slide additional loan to Iraq

guardian
03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Monetary Fund released a slide additional loan to Iraq

20/03/2011

Washington - Reuters

International Monetary Fund said that he would release an extra slice worth $ 471 million for Iraq after completion of the second review of its program for lending to the country. He Nayuki Shinohara Deputy Managing Director of the Fund in a statement: "Iraq can maintain stability at the macroeconomic level under conditions of external and internal hard and made at the same time efforts to rebuild the main economic institutions."

And between the Fund, also said he will provide for the arrangement under the demand for lending with Iraq for five months until July 2012.

Shinohara said that inflation remains under control in Iraq and that the exchange rate remains stable. He said the new government is formed and the expected increase in oil production will promote private sector development and economic stability.

http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=4430 (http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=4430)

angel42b
03-20-2011, 02:07 AM
THE POST ON THE IMF STAND BY AGREEMENT SAYS : The formation of the new government and the expected increase in oil production in the coming years offer an opportunity to do so while maintaining macroeconomic stability.
NOW IN THE ABOVE POST THE WRITTER SAID: He said the new government is formed and the expected increase in oil production will promote private sector development and economic stability......
SEE THE DIFFERENECE ? OR AM I NOT UNDERSTANDING? THE IMF SAID IT AS The formation of the new government;; AND THE REPORTER SAID " He said the new government is formed " TO ME THEY ARE INTERJECTING THEIR OWN MEANING HERE.. OK JUST CAUGHT MY EYE AS THE DIFFERENECE ..

ArlingtonAZ
03-20-2011, 06:06 PM
So the IMF grants 471 Million USD after review. Monies will be used among other things to "promote private sector developement and economic stability". And what is it that investor's are complaining about. Security yes, but the ability to make a profit. which translate's to Iraq having a tradeable currency. The current private sector is complaining about the current value of the IQD. Try getting imports with the IQD as it stands right now! I'm thinking the IMF has recieved assurances pertaining to the revalue of the IQD in the near future. This is just my opinion but I see no other option for Iraq's future. P.S. this is the # 1 dinar site hands down!

guardian
03-20-2011, 09:11 PM
So the IMF grants 471 Million USD after review. Monies will be used among other things to "promote private sector developement and economic stability". And what is it that investor's are complaining about. Security yes, but the ability to make a profit. which translate's to Iraq having a tradeable currency. The current private sector is complaining about the current value of the IQD. Try getting imports with the IQD as it stands right now! I'm thinking the IMF has recieved assurances pertaining to the revalue of the IQD in the near future. This is just my opinion but I see no other option for Iraq's future. P.S. this is the # 1 dinar site hands down!

Yes it is #1, I agree and med's chat voted #1 by DD. I see no other choice for them, but to raise their currency value either AZ.

glk
03-21-2011, 08:35 AM
I hope we do see the revalue of the IQD in the near future, would this loan have anything to do with a revalue and them needing extra funds to cover it ??