PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi trade requests from the United States to support Iraq to join the World Trade

budly
02-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Iraqi trade requests from the United States to support Iraq to join the World Trade

25/02/2011 10:51

Baghdad, February 25 (Rn) -
The Iraqi Ministry of Trade and the United States to support Iraq to join the World Trade Organization WTO.

The general director of economic relations Hashem, Hatem told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) on Friday that
"the Iraqi Ministry of Trade has asked the U.S. embassy in Baghdad need to support the United States to Iraq on accession to the WTO during the next few days in order to develop the economic sector in the country."
The Ministry of Commerce announced in Iraq January 29 last, that the WTO is "convinced" package of legislation approved by the Iraqi Council of Representatives to support the trade policy in the country.

Hatem added that
"Iraq's accession to the WTO means lifting the lid of the isolation system for Iraq's commercial world, which lived for many years."

He continued that
"the U.S. embassy in Baghdad confirmed it would support Iraq significantly to join the World Trade Organization and support of the Iraqi economy to provide investment climates revive the economic reality in Iraq."

Iraq seeks to obtain permanent membership in the WTO rather than an observer member, as is the case at this time. The WTO was founded in 1995 and comprises 147 countries world as permanent members.

The organization aims to create economic world, preserves the rights of consumer and producer through an international system of laws through the full employment of state resources and prevent the sale of goods with non-universal impulse.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/220831/&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com

mcptrman
02-25-2011, 07:56 AM
This has to be BIG or HUGE as some would say,

"accession to the WTO during the next few days"

Thanks for the post.

guardian
02-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Bea-u-ti-ful!!! budly!!!

scott9868
02-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Am I reading to much into this "accesion to the WTO during the next few day's". Help here, am I reading this wrong. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for a great post budly.

Roadrunner
02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
RV your currency first Iraq!!! Scratch our backs, we'll then scatch yours!!

SallyDS
02-25-2011, 09:41 AM
see http://www.dinarspeculator.com/showthread.php?3666-U.S.-official-Iraq-may-join-WTO-by-end-2011 In that article it says that the process to join is slow and that the end of 2011 is the earliest date. The Minister of Commerce is right about what belonging to the WTO will do for Iraq, what he apparently doesn't 'get' is the steps Iraq (not the US or UN or outside groups) must take in order to show they are ready for memberships OR it just might be frustrated with his own gov's ability to get those steps 'done.'
whatever - roadrunner is right! an RV is one of those steps

stoger1
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Keeping our fingers crossed that this gets going!!

stlou
02-25-2011, 10:18 AM
tell you what Iraqis...you RV your currency first, then, and ONLY THEN, would we consider giving you a green light on this request..

jennifer0619
02-25-2011, 10:34 AM
I do wonder when they are going to get the concept that actual actions need to be seen. I've never heard of another country trying to make as many advances in the world (both politically and economically) as Iraq w/out a tradable currancy? Boggles the mind!...:rolleyes:

moonbeam
02-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Wanting to be a member and being amember are two different things, the WTO gave Iraq some stippulations....Did they comply?? NO...thanx Budly

budly
02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Am I reading to much into this "accesion to the WTO during the next few day's". Help here, am I reading this wrong. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for a great post budly.
For me personally, and I agree Scott I took the statement as meaning can we/Iraq Trade Ministry have some assistance from the U.S. Embassy in Iraq over the next few days so we can work towards ascension into the WTO so that we (Iraq) can develop the economic sector in the country... I don't take it as get us in there in the nest few days but, we need some support... does not hurt to ask I suppose.
So I believe this shows action towards becoming a member of the WTO and a very good move on Iraq's part.... JMO
Have a nice day gang!