PDA

View Full Version : International Monetary Fund calls for Iraq to reform the tax

8ball
10-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Government adviser: International Monetary Fund calls for Iraq to reform the tax

02/10/2010 13:26

Baghdad, November 2 (Rn) - A source in the Iraqi government ended its mandate on Saturday, the International Monetary Fund stressed the need for Iraq to hold semi-radical changes in the tax system as a prerequisite for granting loans and to support its projects.

Para-Dolar-Borsa-Hawali Aburi A member of the team negotiating with the Iraqi International Monetary Fund, Fadel Mohammed Al-Sarraj told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) announced today that "the International Monetary Fund request from the Iraqi government formally Dharrop restructuring the tax system in the country in proportion to Iraq's dealings Finance with the International Monetary Fund" .

He pointed out that "the International Monetary Fund has criticized the report handed to the Iraqi negotiating the distribution of the budgets of previous years which focused on the financing of security mechanisms is studied."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2&rurl=translate.google.com

argos
10-02-2010, 09:13 AM
great post 8ball, particularly like the quote "which called him to ask the government to promote the value of the Iraqi dinar, compared with foreign currency and Arabic" - this sounds like an RV to me !!

lashley
10-02-2010, 09:30 AM
sounds good

pepper
10-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you 8 ball, great post.

ArlingtonAZ
10-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Well you might want to think about increasing the value of the dinar, in the mean time here's 741 million ....call it an advance...hmmmm Good post 8ball!

stlou
10-02-2010, 03:10 PM
and do it now for God's sake..

sfcdiaz
10-03-2010, 08:17 AM
International Monetary Fund calls on Iraq to reform tax system

Saturday, October 2nd 2010 7:51 PM

Baghdad, Oct.2 (AKnews) - A source in the outgoing Iraqi government said on Saturday that the International Monetary Fund (IMF)stressed on the need that Iraq has to hold semi-radical changes in the tax system as a condition for granting loans and supporting its projects.
http://www.aknews.com/images/cms-image-000011753.jpg
A member of the Iraqi negotiating team, Fadel Muhammad Sarraj told AKnews that "the IMF demanded the Iraqi government formally to restructure the tax system in the country in a way that commensurate Iraq's financial dealings with the International Monetary Fund."

"The IMF has criticized the report handed to the Iraqi negotiating committee over distributing the budgets operation of the previous years which focused on financing the security services as unstudied mechanisms."

"The Iraqi negotiating team was able to convince the states member in the IMF that Iraq will abide by the loans payment by selling crude oil during the coming years."

"The IMF has agreed on Friday to grant an amount of $ 741 million as part of a loan of $ 3 billion and $ 700 million."

"The IMF has a vision that Iraq is completely isolated from the global system and that made it demand the government to promote the value of the Iraqi Dinars compared with the foreign and Arabic currency."

The value of what the Fund has paid to Iraq is $ 1.2 billion out of 3.7 billion.

It is hoped that the outgoing Iraqi government will discuss in the next few days, the budget in 2011 in which the Finance Ministry confirmed earlier that it will take care of implementing the service projects.
Reported by Jaafar alwanan
http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/185539/

Med
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
This is very big news......it is saying to Iraq....in fact not saying.....demanding.....that if they want to continue.....then they must revalue the dinar at the level of foreign currencies and currencies in the region.....

neo
10-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Well This is very good news indeed! Go IMF Go! Ty sfcdiaz and ty Med for your analysis

Med
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
hmmm.....something is screwy here......I finally found the article on aknews.....but it is the exact same one that sfcdiaz has.....where is this one located.....with the short version and the ended the mandate in it......thanks

butterfly
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I merged the two threads since they both had comments and were a lil different. 8ball had found this yesterday so maybe thats why it was shorter?

Med
10-03-2010, 11:21 PM
the reason i was concerned is that someone took both threads.....combined the best of both of these articles and made it look like it was the original......and then started emailing it out....

amishoutlaw
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
med i have been looking all over for that article....the only thing i have noticed is the time stamp on both articles....8balls is 13:26 and sfdiaz's is 7:51pm. maybe they retracted the earlier article. thats all i can come up with.....the link on 8balls article dont work either i noticed, even tried to copy paste it into google and it dont work.

amishoutlaw
10-03-2010, 11:25 PM
ok now i c what bf stated....hence making sense...glad its straightened out.

butterfly
10-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh jeez Med, that is stupid of them! Thanks for keeping things honest on here. Best site ever!